The Government influences the way rules for exports and imports between countries are designed by means of trade policy. This may involve such matters as removing trade barriers, competition or improving rules to promote the interests of companies and consumers.
Promoting Sweden's economic interests and the image of Sweden is a core task of the entire Foreign Service. Promotion policy is closely linked with the Government's work to establish better rules in the EU internal market and to increase free trade globally.
News about trade and promotion
- Final agreement on unitary patent protection
- Ewa Björling to deliver opening address at Swedish Sami congress and visit Boden
- Ewa Björling to visit Östersund to discuss Norrland's growth
- Gunilla Carlsson meets Burmese parliamentarians
- Continued focus on growth in Europe